Long Distance Moving From Rhode Island to New Hampshire
Looking For Long Distance Movers Who Go To New Hampshire?
From north to south and east of the Mississippi River, Gentry Moving Company knows what it takes to complete an long distance move safely and efficiently.
Moving from one state to another, such as moving from Rhode Island to New Hampshire, may become necessary. It could be for the sake of your family, economic state, or your retirement plans. New Hampshire is a state of choice when you are considering a change of location.
Any size move, big or small, can be extremely overwhelming. When you choose Gentry Moving, we take the burden away and ensure that your long distance moving experience will make your transition as smooth and painless as possible.
No matter where you are moving to or from on the east coast, Gentry Moving is here to help you.
Have Questions Or Ready For A Free Quote?
Experience the Gentry Difference with hands-free moving services: Pack | Move | Unpack
When deciding to work with a company such as Gentry Moving, you can rest assured knowing that our moving services will make the entire process as smooth as possible. Gentry covers all of your needs to ensure the big day is as worry-free as you deserve. For our most comprehensive moving package, Gentry can be there to pack up all of your personal belongings with care and respect. Our strategic organizing, packaging and labeling will guarantee a smooth process. We utilize stackable and crush resistant shipping cartons, Gentry packaging crates, wardrobe boxes and specialized materials of various sizes – all of which are reusable and environmentally friendly. After carefully transporting your belongings to your new home, we can work to unpack your possessions and set up your new home far exceeding your expectations. Furniture assembly, removal of packing materials, and temporary/long term storage solutions, we can be there to help. Let us do all of the heavy lifting and support your every move.
Leave the logistics to our merry movers! NH has plenty of new things to see!
The Top 5 Reasons People Move From RI to NH
You’ve done your research, read the reviews, and settled on your choice of “movers near me”. Now, it’s time to decide where you’re moving to! Chances are, New Hampshire probably isn’t the first place on your mind, but there are many reasons why the “Granite State” is a great destination!
- The mountains are unmatched. You can climb Mt. Washington (the tallest mountain in the Northeast) to take in all of the beautiful scenery! With clear-day views of over 100 miles away, you can peak into neighboring states like Vermont, Maine, or even across the border to Canada! NH has 48 mountains throughout the state, making it a popular destination for hikers.
- Crime is nearly non-existent. If you thought Rhode Island had a low crime rate, prepare to be amazed! New Hampshire was ranked the #3 Safest State in the US, according to U.S. News. RI, on the other hand, came in at #7 thanks to a combination of property & violent crimes.
- No more income tax. Tired of making more but taking home less (thanks to Rhode Island’s progressive income taxes)? You’ll enjoy a bigger paycheck when you work in New Hampshire because it’s one of the seven states in the U.S. that doesn’t have an income tax!
- You can get festive on the 4th! Unlike RI, NH allows residents to purchase and use fireworks, so once Independence Day comes around (or any day for that matter), feel free to light up the skies of the “Live Free Or Die” state!
- The cost of living is lower. Slightly above the average cost of living across the US, the average house in New Hampshire will set you back about $274,300. It’s still cheaper than Rhode Island though, where the median price of a home is $285,200!
Traveling to the “Granite State”? You’ll want to visit these three cities!
Even with the best interstate moving companies, moving can still be stressful. You deserve a break—leave unloading to the movers! NH has a couple of cities you won’t want to miss, so now is a great time to go sightseeing!
1. Portsmouth – Just A Stone’s Throw Away From the Border
This small city, located on the Piscataqua River, is the perfect location for travelers. Jump across the river; now you’re in Maine! Stay on the NH side, and you can enjoy a wide variety of local eateries, visit the historic Strawbery Banke Museum, or go on a tax-free shopping trip downtown!
2. Dover – “The Garrison City”
Located a little more than an hour away from Boston, this city is the largest in the Seacoast region and has everything you will need for a good time. Want a beer? Check out the Tall Ship Distillery. Love yoga? Visit Childlight or the Bending Bodhi Yoga studio! Have kids? There’s plenty of educational fun for the whole family at the Children’s Museum of New Hampshire!
3. Nashua – “The Gate City”
Nashua is the second biggest city in the state! There’s lots to do here such as indoor skydiving at Sky Venture, watching a play at the Court Street Theater, or exploring the 325-acres of Mine Falls Park. If you visit in December, check out the Windblown Cross Country Ski Area for various winter activities!
Now that you’re in the “Live Free or Die” state, check out these favorite local destinations!
You’ve settled in and said goodbye to the movers. NH is your home now, so what should you do first? Well, if you haven’t explored already, here are three great places the locals love!
- Loon Mountain Resort – This is the perfect place for year-round fun, no matter what outdoor activities you enjoy. Complete with mini-golf, skiing trails, mountain biking, ziplines, and the longest gondola ride in New Hampshire, this location is perfect for anyone & everyone!
- Story Land – Aimed at younger children up to pre-teens, this 65-year-old theme park is located in Glen, New Hampshire. With over 30 fun rides, musical shows from family-favorites like Little Red Ridinghood, and events such as Cinderella’s Royal Lunch Party, the kids are sure to love this place. For the parents? Parking is free!
- Cafe Lafayette Dinner Train – If you’re in the mood for a five-course meal, why not enjoy it on a train traveling through the Western White Mountains? For over 31 years, the Café Lafayette Dinner Train has been serving gourmet food to guests, making it a can’t-miss attraction for new residents!
Have Questions Or Ready For A Free Quote?
Serving Rhode Island | Massachusetts | Connecticut | Florida